- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small eggplants, cut into half moons
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2" thick rounds
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2" strips
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 6 large garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1 (14-ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (plus more for serving)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning or herbes de provence
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound rigatoni, penne, or other short pasta, cooked to al dente and drained
- parmesan, for serving
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil, then add the eggplant, zucchini, and garlic.
- Drizzle over one tablespoon olive oil, plus a generous pinch of salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Toss well, and pop in the oven.
- After 10 minutes, remove baking sheet and add peppers, onions, and tomatoes, with another tablespoon olive oil, red pepper flakes, pinch of salt, and basil.
- Cook another 20 - 30 minutes until vegetables are very tender and lightly browned at the edges, tossing halfway through.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, add cooked pasta, drizzle with more olive oil and a pinch of salt. Toss together, then top with parmesan and fresh basil. Eat!