- 5 large corn cobs or 2 bags of frozen corn, thawed and drained of extra liquid
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 small bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced or pickled jalapeños
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- salt to taste
- optional: for a creamier salad, add feta or queso fresco
- Prep the corn. If you're using corn cobs, grill the corn over an open flame on the stove or grill until the kernels are charred.
- Using a knife, cut the kernels off the cob and into a bowl. If you're using frozen and thawed corn, bring a couple tablespoons of oil to a medium heat in a stovetop pan and add the corn, cook until the kernels are golden brown and charred. Remove from heat and add to a bowl.
- Make the masala butter. Add the butter to a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 20-second increments until melted and hot. While the butter is still hot, add the garam masala. It should sizzle a bit when the garam masala is added. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Assemble the salad. Add the corn, avocado, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, lemon juice, red chili powder, chaat masala, and salt to a bowl. Drizzle over the masala butter. Stir to combine and coat the corn with the spices.
- Serve immediately or let chill in the fridge before serving. Enjoy!