For the batter:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose gluten-free baking flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 5 tbsp water and refrigerated)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (option to sub for water or any dairy-free milk)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup melted vegan butter
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- gluten-free rolled oats
- coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease or line a 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a small bowl, prepare your flax egg by combining 2 tbsp ground flaxseed with 5 tbsp water and mix. Refrigerate for at least 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash a ripe banana with a fork until fully mashed. Add remaining wet ingredients: melted vegan butter, almond milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add all-purpose gluten-free flour, almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir to combine.
- Fill each muffin cup until about 3/4 full. Sprinkle the tops with additional coconut sugar and gluten-free rolled oats.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with vegan butter and store in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.