dairy-free, gluten-free, nut-free
- ¼ cup Sriracha
- ¾ cup Honey
- 1 pound center-cut salmon fillet, cut into 3” pieces
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ red chile or jalapeno, thinly sliced
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Fluffy rice, honey-glazed sweet potatoes, cilantro
- Preheat the broiler, and place a rack 7 - 10” from the heat source.
- Make the coconut crunch: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in small skillet over medium. Add garlic, chile, and coconut flakes and cook, stirring, until garlic and coconut turn golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl, and add a pinch of salt.
- Place salmon in the cast-iron skillet. Brush with olive oil, then sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Broil for 4 minutes.
- While the salmon cooks, combine sriracha and honey in a small bowl.
- Remove salmon from oven, brush with some of the hot honey, then return to oven and broil for another 2 or 3 minutes, until caramelized on top and cooked to your preference.
- Serve salmon over rice and roasted sweet potatoes, drizzle extra hot honey over top, then top with coconut crunch and cilantro. Eat!