1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg yolk, room temp
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree, moisture blotted out with paper towel
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
for the cinnamon glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, cream together butter, sugar, egg yolk, vanilla, and pumpkin until well incorporated.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl, and use a fork to make sure there's no lumps. Mix just until combined.
- Chill the dough for at least an hour in the fridge, or 30 minutes in the freezer.
- Scoop out into balls (2 tablespoons or so) onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, and and slightly flatten.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 11 min. They should feel a little under-baked– you want them soft and chewy!
- Meanwhile, make the frosting. Whisk all ingredients together until it's a consistency you can drizzle. Add more milk to thin as needed.
- Use a teaspoon to drizzle the glaze over the cooled cookies. Top with a little more cinnamon and let the glaze set. Devour!