- 4 tablespoons pesto, divided
- 5 ounces of spinach
- 3/4 cup of hot water
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 17 ounces packaged gnocchi
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella
- to serve: chopped basil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a stovetop or oven-safe skillet, add 2 tablespoons of the pesto, a big pinch of salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a medium heat. Add the spinach and cook until just wilted, turn off the heat. Add spinach and hot water to a blender with the additional 2 tablespoons of pesto. Blend until smooth.
- Heat skillet on low and add the sauce to the skillet. Add the cream cheese and stir until smooth. Turn off the heat and add the gnocchi, stirring to coat in the sauce. Optional, but you can add chopped spinach and mix here if you prefer.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella on top in an even layer. Place skillet in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Top with additional pesto, salt and pepper, basil, and a drizzle of lemon juice. Enjoy!