- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 firm-but-ripe pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup honey-roasted (or regular) pistachios, chopped
- extra-virgin olive oil
- for serving: warm baguette slices
- Transfer your ricotta to a small mixing bowl, seasoning well with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. With a fork or a whisk, mix vigorously to lighten it up and make the ricotta spreadable.
- Dollop the ricotta evenly onto your serving board, leaving a border of an inch or two. Use the back of a spoon to spread it around so that it's evenly distributed, but with some pretty swirls and texture.
- Fan out the pear slices over the ricotta, then sprinkle the pistachios on top.
- Scatter mint leaves over, then drizzle a little olive oil and honey. Add a pinch of flaky salt and pepper.
- Serve with warm baguette slices for scooping up.