With crunch, spice, and just enough sweetness, this baked oatmeal recipe is one you’ll want to wake up to when the temperature starts to drop.
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce or mashed banana
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup fresh or frozen sliced peaches
- Optional: Vanilla Greek yogurt
- Optional: Honey
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9×9 inch baking pan or melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet.*
- Melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter in the microwave and set aside to cool.
- Pit and slice peaches into ½-inch thick slices. Set some aside to top your oatmeal.
- Whisk all of the ingredients together in one large bowl aside from peaches and walnuts.
- Place your peaches and pecans in the skillet and sprinkle with cinnamon. Pour the oat mixture over the fruit and nuts. Top the oatmeal with the reserved peaches for garnish and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until your center is almost set. (A soft, gooey middle section is ideal.) Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve in a bowl with vanilla Greek yogurt and honey if desired. Covered leftovers last for around a week in the refrigerator.
*If your recipe has leftover oatmeal batter, feel free to add batter to muffin tins to bake.