An easy vegetarian dinner recipe that’s packed with flavor.
- 8 ounces Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1-inch knob of ginger, grated
- Pinch of salt
- 4 teaspoons garam masala, divided
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 of a yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cardamom pods, crushed
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 inch of ginger, chopped
- 1/2 of a jalapeño, chopped
- 1 1/2 cans plain tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prep the cauliflower. Add the yogurt, grated garlic and ginger, salt, and 1 teaspoon of garam masala into a bowl and whisk together. Add the cauliflower and toss to coat. Let sit for at least 30 minutes, or prep ahead of time. Once ready to cook, preheat oven to 400 F. Add cauliflower to a lined sheet tray in an even layer and drizzle with oil. Bake for 20-25 minutes until tender. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Make the sauce. To a large stove top pan, add a couple of tablespoons of oil and bring to medium heat. Add the onion and cook for a few minutes until starting to turn translucent. Add all of the spices, including the rest of the garam masala, and cook for about a minute until fragrant. Add the garlic, ginger, and jalapeño and cook for another minute, then add the tomato sauce. Simmer for a few minutes, stirring until rich in color.
- To a blender, add the tomato sauce, heavy cream, butter, and, sugar with salt and pepper. Be careful blending the hot liquid, remembering to let the steam release. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust salt and sweetness as needed. Add the sauce back to the pan on the stove and bring to medium heat.
- Add the cauliflower to the sauce and coat to combine. Let cook for about 10 minutes and keep covered until ready to serve. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Vegetarian
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: cauliflower, tikka masala