This irresistible, nutty, and rich grain is about to be your new go-to. It’s the perfect way to turn squash and seasonal veggies into a satisfying salad.
- 2 cups einkorn
- 1 whole kabocha squash
- 8 radishes
- 1/4 cup pickled mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 cup fresh herbs (parsley, chives, dill, mint, cilantro basil—whatever you’ve got)
- Cook einkorn and season.
- Cook whole kabocha squash by nestling it into the hot coals of a grill, or roasting in the oven, until it’s soft and tender throughout. Cut it down the middle, then remove the seeds. Let cool.
- Add einkorn to a serving bowl. Slice radishes and add to the bowl. Add mustard seeds, pine nuts, and herbs. Season with salt and pepper, then toss together.
- Use your hands to tear the kabocha squash into bite-size pieces. Add to bowl, then gently toss. Taste to adjust seasoning and serve.