Marinating chicken in yogurt makes it tender and full of flavor. This simple grilled chicken recipe is perfect for summer gatherings and easy enough for a weeknight dinner.
for the marinade:
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 1/2 shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp hot water
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup full-fat plain greek yogurt
for the chicken:
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves, pounded thinly
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 6 cups fresh arugula
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- garnish: flaky salt, fresh shavings of parmesan, lemon wedges, and extra-virgin olive oil
- First, make the marinade by blending everything together in a blender.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish or large ziploc. Pour the marinade over it and let marinate in the fridge for at least 8 hours (or overnight.)
- When ready to prepare, prepare a grill or grill plan to medium-high heat. Let the excess marinade drain off the chicken, then season both sides with lots of salt and pepper.
- Grill on each side for about 5 minutes per side, until lightly charred and cooked through. Place chicken on a serving platter or individual plates, top with arugula, then sprinkle over sliced shallot and shaved parmesan.
- Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil over arugula, add a pinch of flaky salt and pepper, and serve with lemon wedges. Eat!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Marinating Time: 8 hours
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: grilling
Keywords: easy grilled chicken, yogurt-marinated grilled chicken