If you’re looking to shake up your veggie side game, these roasted carrots with honey-lime yogurt sauce are what you’ll be serving all season. The recipe is so simple and bursting with herbaceous flavor.
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1/3 cup pitted dates, sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 4 thinly-sliced scallions
- garnish: chopped dill, flaky salt, and freshly ground black pepper
for the honey-lime yogurt sauce:
- 1 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Pinch of Aleppo pepper or red-pepper flakes Kosher salt
- Flaky salt, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, toss the carrots with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to evenly coat. Spread out and roast, flipping about halfway through, until the carrots are golden brown and tender (about 25 to 30 minutes).
- Meanwhile, make the yogurt by whisking all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Spread the yogurt on the bottom of a platter and arrange roasted carrots on top. Scatter dates, almonds, and scallions on top, and finish with a sprinkle of dill, flaky salt and pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil. Eat!
Customize the flavors of the honey-lime yogurt sauce to suit your taste buds—more zing, more honey, you do you!
Keep a watchful eye on those almonds while toasting—they can go from toasty to burnt faster than you can say “crunchy goodness.”
Feel free to get creative with your garnishes! Fresh herbs like cilantro or parsley can add an extra burst of flavor.