- 1 cup uncooked farro
- 1 delicata squash, halved, seeds removed, and sliced into 3/4” thick half-moons
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 large apple, mandolined or thinly sliced
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Olive oil (for roasting and dressing)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh herbs like cilantro, parsley, or basil (optional, for garnish)
- Spread out in a single layer. Roast for 25-30 minutes, or until the squash is tender and edges are caramelized. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Add the apple to the bowl, then drizzle dressing over top and gently mix.
- Add the crumbled goat cheese, toasted pecans, and fresh herbs on top.
- Serve in your favorite wood salad bowl in the center of the table!
- To add more protein to this salad, add shredded roast chicken or a piece of broiled salmon.
- You can make the salad up to a day in advance—add dressing just before serving.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: salad
Keywords: squash farro salad, thanksgiving salads, thanksgiving sides, grain salad