This summery dessert is perfect for a Fourth of July party—and it only has 4 ingredients!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 pound of berries or chopped fruit—I used a combination of thawed frozen cherries, fresh blackberries, and fresh raspberries
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pour the cream into a mixing bowl, zest in the lemon, and pop in the fridge.
- Add the fruit to another mixing bowl (if using frozen pitted cherries, thaw them first, draining off some of the juice.) Add the lemon juice and sugar, then stir to combine. Let sit at room temperature for at least 20 minutes.
- Use a mixer to whip the cream just until firm peaks form. Give the berries a rough mash with a fork, then add 3/4 of them to the cream. Use a spatula to gently fold in the fruit—don’t overfold, leave streaks!
- To each of 6 small glasses, add a few macerated berries, a couple big scoops of cream mixture, then top with a few more berries. Eat!
*Make ahead: The fruit and cream mixture will hold up to 24 hours in the fridge. Layer with macerated berries just before serving.