This Garlic Shrimp Spaghetti is My New Favorite Pasta for Summer.
- 1 box Barilla Whole Grain Spaghetti
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 12 ounces medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 cup asparagus, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 4 green onions, sliced lengthwise into long ribbons
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Cook spaghetti one minute less than package directions. Drain; reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped garlic, cook until softened.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add shrimp, asparagus, tomatoes, and reserved pasta water; cook, stirring frequently until shrimp is cooked through and veggies are softened.
- Add cooked spaghetti and green onions; cook 2 – 3 minutes until heated through. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add grated Parmigiano Reggiano, then drizzle with the remaining olive oil and garnish with whole basil leaves.