With the temperatures heating up, it’s time to start thinking about the ponytail, an easy breezy go-to look for summer. Martha Lynn here, and I have all the details for taking your pony to the next level. I think the trick is to make it look a little special while keeping it effortless, so you don’t look like you just left the gym. A high ponytail that’s bouncy, secure and polished is a tall order, but it can be easily achieved if you break it down into a couple of sections:
- To create texture and bounce for the ponytail, you will want to curl it before you put it up, so it has as much volume as possible. We used a 1-inch curling iron and Living Proof Flex to set the curls, but it won’t get stiff, so you can still manipulate it into a ponytail.
- Pull out a small section in the front of the hairline and clip out of your way (you will come back to this last).
- Gather the remainder of the hair at the top of the crown and smooth into a ponytail. It can be helpful to flip your head over to do this, so that gravity is working in your favor!
- Gently tighten ponytail, so it’s secure and so the “tail” has a little bump to it.
- Lightly tease the front section.
- Smooth back the front section lightly, laying it back over the top of the head (this creates the volume for the ponytail).
- Wrap the remaining “tail” of that section around the ponytail to cover the rubber band and secure with a bobby pin.
- Tease the ponytail to give it volume and finish with Living Proof Flex.
Share this Post