Preparing and gifting holiday treats is one thing I look forward to every holiday season, and this Rosemary Pecan Bark is my current go-to dessert for making and sharing in a pinch! I always have an extensive holiday “to-bake” list of everything I want to make during the season, but thanks to the frantic schedule at this time of year, there’s never quite enough time to try them all. I’m always on the hunt for holiday sweets that require little time, produce stellar results, and are made from simple ingredients I keep on hand. This decadent twist on a traditional holiday bark fits the bill, and it boasts a salty-meets-sweet addition of maldon sea salt with the surprising addition of rosemary and irresistible crunch from toasted pecans.
Rosemary Pecan Bark
- 16 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 4 ounces 100% cocoa unsweetened baking bar (I like this brand)
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- Maldon salt, to taste
- fresh rosemary
- finely shredded unsweetened coconut, as desired
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; Set aside.
- Gently melt the chocolate according to the (brand) packaging using the stovetop or microwave method.
- Spoon the melted chocolate over the parchment paper.
- Spread the chocolate in a 1/4-inch layer.
- Evenly sprinkle the desired pecans and rosemary over the chocolate edge to edge.
- Using the back of a spoon, gently push the pecans down to make sure each piece has adhered to the chocolate. Lightly dust with salt and shredded coconut.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 20 minutes until firm.