It’s the day after Christmas, and food is quite possibly the farthest thing from my mind. Among other holiday indulgences, I’ve eaten more cookies than I’d like to admit and I’m, well, full. But the holiday season is still a week from over, so I (Jeanine) think it’s the perfect time for a healthy reprieve…
I love roasted sweet potatoes… don’t they make the perfect addition to a winter salad?
This one has been a favorite lately. Hearty roasted sweet potatoes tossed with tangy feta, sweet pomegranate seeds & toasted pistachios. It’s festive enough to bring to a holiday potluck, but simple enough to throw together for a weeknight dinner (and also lunch the following day if you make a little extra).
photos by Love & Lemons
Sweet Potato & Pomegranate Salad
serves 2 as a main dish, 4 as a side
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed, plus olive oil, salt & pepper for roasting
- 2 cups baby salad greens (baby kale, spinach, arugula, etc.)
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup toasted pistachios, toasted & chopped
- handful of chopped cilantro
- 2-3 chopped scallions, white and green parts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 clove minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar or white wine vinegar
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Roast the sweet potatoes: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Chop the sweet potato into bite sized cubes. Drizzle with some olive oil, salt and pepper, and roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until they start to edges start to turn a darker brown.
- Make the dressing: Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, honey, garlic, salt & pepper. Taste & adjust. Set aside.
- Assemble all salad ingredients, toss lightly in the dressing.