If you caught last week’s round-up of our favorite Mother’s Day presents, you may have a plan for what to give your mom this year… but have you given any thought to how you’ll be wrapping it? After all, gift wrapping is a great way to express creativity and put that extra special touch on a gift that’s been carefully chosen for someone you love! Since there’s nothing most moms love more than taking a walk down memory lane, we teamed up with Canon USA to create a feminine, springy way to display favorite family photos right on top of the gift. Warning: this gift wrap might actually be too pretty to open! It’ll take some major convincing to show her that what’s inside is worth it. Keep reading for all the details and super easy step-by-step…
- pressed flowers (fine gardening and save-on-crafts both have great flower-pressing resources)
- a black and white photo (we printed ours at home with a Canon PIXMA MG7120 printer and MP-101 Matte Photo Paper)
- solid wrapping paper
- cellophane wrap
- craft glue
- gift wrapping tape
- natural twine
- gift tag
- Wrap gift with solid color gift wrap.
- Print black & white photo to fit the size of the gift box.
- Center photo on top of gift box and use glue to adhere. Be sure no glue is coming out from the sides of the photo. Allow to dry.
- Wrap gift box with cellophane wrap, leaving one end open.
- Make your selection of dried flowers.
- Carefully slide flowers in between the photo and the cellophane wrap. You may need to slightly loosen the cellophane wrap or use a popsicle stick to insert the flowers. Fold and seal cellophane wrap, and adorn gift with twine and a gift tag.
*this post was created in collaboration with Canon USA
Share this Post