Remember two weeks ago when I asked for opinions on which bookends I should DIY at home? Well, I wasn’t completely surprised to see an almost unanimous vote in both the comments and on twitter for the gold bricks. For my project, I took inspiration from the elements you all loved about those book ends, then made them a little more “Claire” by adding feminine lace detailing. Want to know how to make a pair to decorate your own stylish shelving? Keep reading for the very simple steps!
- 2 bricks (preferably without holes, I got mine at an architectural salvage store)
- white and metallic gold spray paint
- 1 yard lace trim
- Krylon Easy-Tack Repositionable Adhesive 7020
- Scotch Self Stick Rubber Pads
- Clean off your bricks with a hose and lay them out to dry.
- Once dry, wrap the lace trim around the brick to measure and cut 2 segments to size.
- With the brick standing upright long-ways, spray a layer of white paint on top half of it, covering all four sides.
- Once dry, spray a thin coat of the Krylon Easy-Tack Repositionable Adhesive onto the back of one of the lace trim pieces.
- Position lace and wrap around white part of brick.
- Spray a coat of gold paint carefully, covering the entire brick.
- When the paint is dry (it should dry quickly), delicately peel the lace off.
- Add the rubber pads to the bottom and voila!
Share this Post