Happy Thursday! Claire here and if you are familiar with my transformed projects you know I think everything looks better with a little gold. Decor at Camille’s office is no exception! Things over at the new office space are moving along wonderfully, and we can’t wait to show you the finished product, but first I want to share a fun (and easy) DIY with you! Camille’s last office had a lovely mirror hanging on the wall. The shape and size won me over immediately, but the color needed an update in order to fit in with the decor in the new team meeting room. What better way to breathe new life into an old piece than with some gold! Want to know how I did it? Keep reading!
*photos by Kim Jones
- Krylon Premium Gold Foil Metallic spray paint
- Liquid Leaf 6110 Classic Gold or Rub /n Buff Gold Leaf
- Small paint brush
- Blue painters tape
- Using blue painters tape, tape off the mirror to protect it from paint.
- If your frame needs it, spray a coat (or two) of primer (Camille’s mirror was textured so it didn’t need any primer). Spray the frame completely with the Krylon Gold Foil Metallic spray paint, 2-3 coats, allowing for it to dry fully in-between coats.
- Once dry, use rub ‘n buff or liquid leaf to add depth, and a richer metallic finish. (I used it to highlight the curves and edges along the frame).
- Remove tape, hang, and enjoy! Your mirror has a brand new facelift.
Share this Post