Some of the best parties and projects we’ve worked on at Camille Styles have been fiestas — we just love this traditional concept for colorful outdoor parties! This year, we wanted to give our favorite theme a new twist with a drink that incorporated tequila, but wasn’t a traditional margarita. With a little help from our friends at Familia Camarena, we combined grapefruit juice, sparkling mineral water, Silver Camarena Tequila and a splash of rose water to create a fresh cocktail that’s perfect for this year’s fiesta season. At outdoor parties, we sometimes like to offer guests a beverage that’s chilled rather than on ice (which melts faster than you can say caliente under the Texas sun!) For a light drink that won’t get diluted this Cinco De Mayo, try our chilled Tequila Rose:
It’s 3 o’clock somewhere! Pledge to #SaveCinco this year by celebrating Cinco de Mayo with Camarena Tequila on Saturday, May 3rd!
- Camarena Silver Tequila
- Rose Water
- Grapefruit Juice
- Sparkling Mineral Water
- Pour one cup fresh grapefruit juice, one teaspoon rose water and two ounces of Camarena Silver Tequila into cocktail strainer filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously until liquid is chilled.
- Strain chilled liquid into empty glass.
- Top off with a bit of sparkling mineral water.
And a few tips to make your fiesta unforgettable:
- Dress up your table with a colorful cloth — consider using a Mexican blanket, beach towel or duvet cover as an impromptu tablecloth if you don’t already own one.
- We love using succulents in lieu of cut floral arrangements for outdoor parties. These potted plants are environmentally friendly, make great party favors and are totally on trend!
- Plan a pumping playlist with great Tejano tunes from bands like The Mavericks, Los Lonely Boys and Grupo Fantasma.
*this post was created in partnership with camarena tequila