Jeanine here, excited to chime in after Camille’s post earlier this week about kitchen staples. Today I’m sharing this super easy recipe that uses of one my favorite staple ingredients: dijon mustard. I just love the tangy kick it adds to salad dressings, avocado sandwiches, grilled salmon… I could go on and on.
For this pasta salad, I whisked a little dijon with olive oil and lemon juice before tossing it with chickpeas, peas, feta, and fresh herbs. It’s become one of my favorite springtime go-to meals, but it would also be a great veggie dish to bring to a picnic or backyard bbq.
Spring Pea & Feta Pasta
serves 2 as a meal, 3-4 as a side
for the dressing:
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- juice & zest of one lemon
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dijon mustard (I like this brand)
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 smashed clove of garlic
- salt & pepper
toss together with:
- 1 cup dried pasta (plus reserve some pasta water)
- 1/4 cup chickpeas, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1/4 cup chopped or crumbled feta
- a few handfuls of fresh leafy herbs (parsley, basil, tarragon or mint are all good choices)
- In a small bowl whisk the dressing ingredients together. (I like to let the smashed garlic sit in the dressing while I prepare the rest of the dish and then I remove it before pouring).
- Cook your pasta in salty water until al dente. Toss the warm pasta together with the chickpeas, peas, feta, and most of the dressing. Add a little bit of pasta water if necessary to create a creamy consistency. Toss in the herbs and as much of the remaining dressing as you like. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Let it sit for at least 15-20 mins for best flavor. Serve at room temperature.
*photos by Love & Lemons
Share this Post