The simplest breakfasts are often the most delicious. Much like the beloved avocado toast, it doesn’t take a lot of ingredients to form an addiction. My boyfriend made this delicious combination for me on a whim, and since then, I can’t get enough. It’s the perfect flavor for a light, early Summer breakfast.
- 2 large organic eggs
- 2 slices bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto (or store-bought)
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Fill a small saucepan with water (enough to cover two eggs). Bring water to a boil.
- In the meantime, fill a medium mixing bowl with ice water, set aside.
- Once water is boiling, carefully drop in two eggs using a slotted spoon. Set your timer for 6 minutes. Cook eggs in boiling water for exactly 6 minutes – set your timer! Remove and carefully add to ice bath. Let sit for 2-3 minutes, before shelling.
- Spread pesto over sliced toast. Cut soft-boiled eggs in half and place over pesto toast. Top with fresh basil leaves, sea salt and fresh ground pepper.