Easter brunch doesn’t have to be all about hiding eggs this year. Our Spring-y scramble is a perfect light and bright breakfast for the upcoming holiday, and we promise your guests will love it, too. Serve it warm with your favorite brunch beverage (coffee or a cocktail)…sometimes we like both!
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and grated (or 1/2 cup grated)
- 1/2 cup green beans, sliced paper thin with a mandolin
- 4 eggs
- 4-5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sweet green peas
- 1 teaspoon dill, dried
- 1/4 cup fresh ricotta
- Freshly grated lemon zest (about 1/4 teaspoon)
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a medium sized saucepan, add 1 cup of water with 1/2 cup quinoa. Bring to a boil, then simmer and cover for 12-15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large saucepan, add olive oil over medium-high heat. Sweat the red onion and garlic for 5-7 minutes before adding carrots, peas and green beans.
- In a small mixing bowl, lightly whisk together 4 eggs. Bring skillet heat to low and pour whisked egg mixture to the pan. Try not to overwork the eggs — the less you touch them, the more custard-y they will be! Using a silicon-spatula, carefully fold eggs over until evenly cooked. Remove from heat.
- Fold in quinoa, radish, dill, basil and lemon zest. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste. Top with dollops of fresh ricotta. Serve warm!