You know those “superfoods” we always hear so much about? I’ve taken all my favorites and packed them into one majorly addictive salad that will make your skin glow and give you energy for days. Promise. Watch the video above to see how I massage the kale, mix the vinaigrette, and bring it all together, then keep reading for the recipe below. And if you’re looking for more healthy recipe vids, don’t miss the last one when I roasted perfect veggies, or the one before that when Chanel and I challenged each other to a breakfast smoothie face-off!
for the salad:
- 1 head Tuscan / Lacinato kale, shredded
- 1 cup basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1 large avocado sliced
- 1 ½ cups sunflower sprouts
- ½ cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 asian pear, cubed
- 2 4-ounce salmon filets
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
for the vinaigrette:
- juice and zest of 2 large lemons
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- for the vinaigrette: Add all the ingredients to a mason jar and shake to combine.
- Preheat the broiler on your oven. Add the shredded kale to a bowl along with a drizzle of vinaigrette, and massage with your hands for a minute or two, until the kale starts to break down and soften.
- Season salmon liberally with salt and pepper, then place on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Broil 6 inches from the heat for 3 – 4 minutes, just until salmon is golden on top and cooked through to your liking.
- Add basil, avocado, sprouts, walnuts, blueberries, and pear to the bowl, along with another drizzle of vinaigrette, and toss to combine.
- Divide salad beween 2 plates, top each with salmon, and fan a few avocado slices next to it. Drizzle with a bit more vinaigrette and eat!