Don’t know about you, but I’m still full from my December feasting and needing a post-holiday overhaul. I don’t do liquid diets or juice fasts, but I do love the way green smoothies make me feel, especially when I’ve been feeding my body straight sugar for the last month. This smoothie is packed with good stuff, and don’t forget to freeze your bananas (it’s a smoothie game changer). Start your New Years day with this guy and I promise you’ll feel brand new.
- 3 cups organic spinach
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup frozen mango or peach
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon spirulina
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 cups almond milk
- Small handful of fresh parsley or mint
- Pomegranate seeds for topping
- Add all ingredients to your blender.
- Blend on high for 2-3 minutes or until well blended and thick.
- Garnish your smoothie with pomegranate seeds and more fresh herbs.
- Eat with a spoon and enjoy!