- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup bittersweet (or semisweet) chocolate chips
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, combine flour, cacao powder, soda, espresso powder, and salt. Stir with a whisk until combined.
- In the standing bowl of a mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add maple syrup and vanilla, and beat for 1 minute, then add eggs, beating well between each addition.
- With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately in 3 additions, starting and ending with flour. Beat in chocolate chips just until combined.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin cup liners, than spray with nonstick cooking spray. Divide batter between 12 cups and bake for 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from pan, let cool completely on a wire rack, then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Share this Post