I grew up in Southern California which means Mexican food is as prominent in my house as chicken and rice. Almost any meal deserves red pepper flakes or hot sauce, and breakfast is no exception. Breakfast tacos and burritos were a huge part of my family’s breakfast menu. It also happens to be a seriously simple and delicious morning meal. This one is light and perfect for summer with radish, avocado and a few cilantro leaves. I promise it won’t disappoint and you might even fall in love with Mexican for breakfast.
- 4 corn tortillas
- 4 eggs
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 2 scallion stalks, sliced thin (green & white)
- 2 radishes, sliced thin
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Cilantro for garnishing
- Hot sauce for serving
- 1 lime, quartered
- In a large skillet, char tortillas over medium heat until each side is browned. Wrap tortillas in foil to keep warm and set aside.
- Whisk together 4 eggs with jalapeno and scallion. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Heat a skillet over medium low heat. Add in your eggs and let them cook slowly without stirring too much. This is what gives scrambled eggs that custard-y texture.
- Keep cooking over low heat, carefully folding eggs over for even cooking. Once eggs are cooked, but not browned, remove from heat.
- Divide eggs evenly over the four corn tortillas. Top with radishes, sliced avocado and fresh cilantro to garnish. Season with flaky sea salt, freshly ground pepper and your favorite hot sauce. Squeeze lime juice over each taco before eating.
Share this Post