I grew up in Southern California which means Mexican food is as prominent in my house as chicken and rice. Almost any meal deserves red pepper flakes or hot sauce, and breakfast is no exception. Breakfast tacos and burritos were a huge part of my family’s breakfast menu. It also happens to be a seriously simple and delicious morning meal. This one is light and perfect for summer with radish, avocado and a few cilantro leaves. I promise it won’t disappoint and you might even fall in love with Mexican for breakfast.
- 4 corn tortillas
- 4 eggs
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 2 scallion stalks, sliced thin (green & white)
- 2 radishes, sliced thin
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Cilantro for garnishing
- Hot sauce for serving
- 1 lime, quartered
- In a large skillet, char tortillas over medium heat until each side is browned. Wrap tortillas in foil to keep warm and set aside.
- Whisk together 4 eggs with jalapeno and scallion. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Heat a skillet over medium low heat. Add in your eggs and let them cook slowly without stirring too much. This is what gives scrambled eggs that custard-y texture.
- Keep cooking over low heat, carefully folding eggs over for even cooking. Once eggs are cooked, but not browned, remove from heat.
- Divide eggs evenly over the four corn tortillas. Top with radishes, sliced avocado and fresh cilantro to garnish. Season with flaky sea salt, freshly ground pepper and your favorite hot sauce. Squeeze lime juice over each taco before eating.
Share this Post
These look beyond delicious!
This is what we need in the morning! So much more filling than the unhealthy alternatives. Fantastic photos to accompany the recipe – my mouth is watering already!
Can’t wait to make these the next time I have friends over for brunch. I’ve been making breakfast tostadas recently: http://districtandmore.com/2014/01/08/breakfast-tostadas/ and they’ve been a hit.
So excited for this! I love eggs and tacos so making it all into one meal looks delish!
Looks yummy and very healthy! I can’t wait to try the recipe.
this looks absolutely delicious! you’ve convinced me…tacos for breakfast, it is 🙂
a simple elegance
Looks like the perfect combo, beautiful pictures
Yum! Breakfast tacos sound like a great recipe when trying to find a fun and healthy breakfast option! 🙂
These look really good, coming from the UK we don’t have tacos for breakfast, but looking at this I think I will introduce into my family!