We all love a warm bowl of oatmeal in the morning, but sometimes its nice to switch it up. What can be better than coconut oat bars with tart raspberry preserves? This delicious breakfast can be eaten warm, cold, at home or on the go. Raspberry preserves were my first choice, but feel free to use your favorite flavor (the possibilities are endless!). Happy breakfast!
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon xanthum gum
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 lemon, zest
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3-3/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together oat flour, oats, xanthum gum, brown sugar, baking powder and sea salt. Set aside.
2. In a small mixing bowl, stir together cooled coconut oil, lemon zest and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to the flour/oat mixture. Use your hands to mix the dough and combine well.
3. Pack one cup of oat mixture into a greased 8×8 baking pan. Top with raspberry preserves using a silicon spatula covering the oat mixture evenly. Sprinkle the top with the rest of the oat mixture. Top with chopped walnuts and a sprinkle of brown sugar. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until topping is browned. Set aside to cool and chill before serving. Makes approximately 9-11 bars.
*This coconut walnut oat bars with raspberry preserves and lemon recipe is gluten-free and vegan and is adapted from Bob’s Red Mill.