This breakfast is somewhere between a healthy morning meal and a delicious indulgence. It’s the perfect warm weather brunch idea, individually baked for your guests. Breakfast crisps are perfectly sweet without giving you the sugar hangover of most pastries. It’s best served with strong coffee and a dollop of whipped creme if you’re feeling fancy. Happy summer!
- 2 stalks rhubarb, thinly sliced
- 1 pint strawberries, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon almond meal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extrac
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- 1/3 cup (gluten-free opt.) rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons almond meal
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Dash of cinnamon
- Sprinkle of salt
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter, chilled and cubed
- Raw sugar to top
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for filling. Fold together until mixed well. Spoon mixture into greased ramekins, about 3/4 full.
2. In another large mixing bowl, whisk together first six ingredients. Then, fold in almonds, coconut oil and chilled, cubed butter.
3. Using your hands, mix batter together well until it’s moist and clumpy. Crumble topping over each individual ramekin. Sprinkle each with raw sugar and add to a small baking sheet.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until fruit mixture bubbles and topping is browned. Let rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Share this Post