One of my favorite go-to snacks is granola, and these almond cranberry granola bites hit just the right spot! The mix of a little bit of sweet with the salt, nutty almond flavor—it’s just perfection. And they’re healthy, of course! This recipe is quick to throw together and makes a large batch…but be warned, they go fast!
Cranberries are an antioxidant powerhouse and are thought to help boost the immune system. Almonds alkalize the body, lower bad cholesterol and lower the rise in blood sugar after meals. And oats provide amazing low fat, high protein fiber. The three ingredients combine to make a smart and tasty choice for a snack! Hope you love!
- 3 cups GF oats
- 1 cup raw almonds, rough chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup natural almond butter
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine oats, almonds, cranberries, maple syrup, almond butter and salt, mixing thoroughly.
- Using coconut oil lightly oil two 7 x 10 inch baking pans.
- Pour contents of mixing bowl into baking pans and spread evenly, pressing firmly.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool thoroughly before cutting- you can use a fork to break off little bite-size bits!