When I spotted these tiny eggplants at the farmer’s market, I just knew I had to have them at my next dinner table! Roasted with a sweet miso glaze, they’re as tasty as they are adorable. I prefer chickpea miso but if you can’t find it, a sweet yellow miso will work as well!
In addition to being cute beyond measure, these little gems are known to help prevent cancer and lower cholesterol! They provide Vitamin A, B vitamins, folate and Vitamin C. They’re also full of potassium, magnesium, calcium and phosphorous, And with only 27 calories in a cup and zero fat, I can’t think of a single reason not to love them!
- 5 small eggplants
- 3/4 cup +1 1/2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chickpea miso
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl combine 1 1/2 tablespoons of mirin and 1 tablespoon sesame oil.
- Wash and dry eggplants. Cut in half and score at a diagonal.
- Brush eggplants with sesame/mirin mixture and roast for20 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl combine 3/4 cup mirin, miso, coconut sugar and sea salt. Brush eggplants with mixture and return to oven.
- Roast an additional 20 minutes or until eggplants are soft, brushing with any leftover miso mixture halfway through.
- Serve immediately!
Share this Post