- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1 pound kale, stems removed and leaves sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 small tube-shaped pasta
- 1 cup white beans, rinsed and drained
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- In a large pot, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Add the butternut squash, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and rosemary and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the kale and cook until wilted, 5 minutes. Add the chicken broth, then cover and simmer for about 10 minutes until the squash is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta until al dente. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to the soup. Add the beans and a generous pinch of salt and pepper, and simmer for 5 minutes to let the soup slightly thicken.
- Ladle the soup into bowl, top with grated parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil.
Share this Post