Morning you guys — happy weekend! Do y’all go through phases where you feel more inspired than usual…when you just can’t get enough of new ideas, novel projects and things of beauty? The last few days have been like that for me. If you follow me on Pinterest, you might have noticed a bit of a pinning rampage this week as I devoured magazines, books and blogs, searching for images that made my heart skip a beat. I’ve of course been pinning like crazy to my Food, Glorious Food board and Setting the Table board as I work on recipe and entertaining concepts for my book, and my Kids’ Parties has recently become a personal obsession. When does this feeling of out-of-the-ordinary inspiration strike all of you? Is it from traveling to new places? Looking at art? Seeing a great film? There really is so much beauty all around us, and I find that it’s easy to get inspired if we just take the time to open up our eyes! Here are a few links that are inspiring me this week:
- Fifty women who are changing the world.
- This stylist teams up with my new friend Athena for a gorgeous tabletop.
- Jen whips up the most perfect cocktail for this weekend.
- Just in time for Kentucky Derby weekend… this wedding is pretty amazing.
- The party that Bri threw with Splendid is chock-full of fun summer celebration ideas.
And if you’re planning a Cinco de Mayo party, don’t miss our fiesta guide from the past week! I invited the girls over for an early celebration, Chanel crafted Jumbo Papel Picado and Beaded Appetizer Skewers, and we rounded up the 10 best tacos you’re going to want to make.
*image: handwoven karoo hammock from anthropologie.