I don’t know about you, but I (Jeanine) am not sure how the Christmas season snuck up so fast this year! Holiday parties are in full swing and I haven’t baked one cookie, shopped for one gift… and I have a tree somewhere in a storage unit (I’m allergic to the real thing).
So, today, I have the perfect scattered-busy-person dessert that’s fast & easy, yet tasty & impressive. And you likely already have these few ingredients in your kitchen.
It’s a super basic recipe, but feel free to get creative and make a few variations. Add liquor into your chocolate… cinnamon, chiles, orange zest, espresso powder… whatever you like. Your pantry is the limit.
(make-ahead warning: they need to chill for about 4 hours)
photos by Love & Lemons
adapted from Vegetarian Times. makes 12-15
- 12-oz. package of chocolate chips, or chopped up semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (full fat)
- tiny splash of vanilla
- 1/2 cup or so, raw chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup or so, unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- a few pinches of sea salt
- Melt chocolate in a large glass bowl over a small pot of simmering water. Stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in coconut milk and vanilla
- Refridgerate for at least 4 hours.
- Toast pistachios with a little bit of sea salt, spread a thin layer on a plate.
- Place coconut and a few pinches of salt on a separate plate.
- Scoop 1-inch balls of chocolate, roll them into the toppings. Using your hands to get it all to stick together. Store, covered, in the fridge.
Share this Post