I don’t know about you, but I (Jeanine) am not sure how the Christmas season snuck up so fast this year! Holiday parties are in full swing and I haven’t baked one cookie, shopped for one gift… and I have a tree somewhere in a storage unit (I’m allergic to the real thing).
So, today, I have the perfect scattered-busy-person dessert that’s fast & easy, yet tasty & impressive. And you likely already have these few ingredients in your kitchen.
It’s a super basic recipe, but feel free to get creative and make a few variations. Add liquor into your chocolate… cinnamon, chiles, orange zest, espresso powder… whatever you like. Your pantry is the limit.
(make-ahead warning: they need to chill for about 4 hours)
photos by Love & Lemons
adapted from Vegetarian Times. makes 12-15
- 12-oz. package of chocolate chips, or chopped up semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (full fat)
- tiny splash of vanilla
- 1/2 cup or so, raw chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup or so, unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- a few pinches of sea salt
- Melt chocolate in a large glass bowl over a small pot of simmering water. Stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in coconut milk and vanilla
- Refridgerate for at least 4 hours.
- Toast pistachios with a little bit of sea salt, spread a thin layer on a plate.
- Place coconut and a few pinches of salt on a separate plate.
- Scoop 1-inch balls of chocolate, roll them into the toppings. Using your hands to get it all to stick together. Store, covered, in the fridge.
Share this Post
yum! definitely making these.