Some of us never forget our first experience with Kombucha. I remember staring blankly at those bouncy clusters of (extremely foreign) floaters, wondering why my mom insisted that I gulp down the alien drink. Fast forward a couple years and many tangy sips later, this trendy, fermented drink has got me hooked. Whether it’s that distinct burst of flavor, the bubbling consistency, those wondrous health benefits, or the utter mysteriousness found in every bottle—the organic refresher is here to stay.
Now that the “fermented” fad has hit the ground running, creating a cocktail with the natural concoction was long overdue… and what better way to do it than adding a little strawberry, basil, and lime to the mix? Plus, a tasty summer cocktail with some great health benefits is always a total crowd-pleaser. Feel free to share your own Kombucha stories with us and keep reading for the recipe below…
for the simple syrup:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
for the cocktail:
- 1 16 oz. strawberry Kombucha
- 2 oz. vodka
- juice of ½ lime
- sliced strawberry for garnish
- sprigs of basil for garnish
- Make simple syrup: in a medium saucepan, bring 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup sugar to a simmer until sugar is dissolved. Turn off the heat and cool completely.
- In each glass, add 1 oz. vodka, 8 oz. Kombucha, and desired amount of simple syrup for additional sweetness. Top with a splash of lime and garnish with sprigs of basil and sliced strawberry.
*Photography by Emma Banks