Making granola is my favorite weekend activity. Besides being delicious (and a million times better when it’s homemade), having fresh granola baking in the oven makes the house smell completely mouthwatering. Plus, you feel so productive filling a few jars full of homemade cereal for the coming weeks.
All I do is vary the ingredients depending on the season, so this one gets lots of pumpkin seeds, cranberries and autumn spices. It’s no “pumpkin spice”… but in my book, it’s just perfect.
- 2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free, if necessary)
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/3 cup raw pepitas
- 1/2 heaping cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, liquified (melt and cool, if necessary)
- 3/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1/3 cup raw walnuts, crushed
- 1/4 cup sliced/chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Freshly grated nutmeg to taste
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Use your hands to make sure all ingredients are coated well and evenly distributed.
- Add mixture to a large, parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until golden and smelling delicious.
- Set aside to cool for 20 minutes before serving. Best with almond milk or creamy yogurt.
Share this Post