ed. note: Today’s mouthwatering cocktail recipe comes to us from Kristin Alexander — design darling, entertaining guru, and the founder of California-based Esoteric Events. Keep reading for all the delicious details, and to learn how to whip up this oh-so-romantic brew just in time for February 14th…
Believe it or not, some of my most memorable Valentine’s Days were spent at home, celebrating with my favorite people. This holiday, before you pick up the phone to make a reservation and go the traditional dinner route, why not mix it up by planning something special at home? Whether you’re set on flexing your culinary arm with a multi-coursed home cooked meal for your special someone or want to keep it low key with girls for a movie night, I have the perfect drink to accompany your fête. My Raspberry Rose is a sublime balance of pretty yet punchy, sweet yet saucy, and romantic yet fun. I promise it’s as appealing to look at as it is to sip! Now, crank up your favorite romantic playlist and get planning!
1 oz. gin
1/2 c. fresh raspberries
1/2 c. pesticide free rose petals (dried or fresh)
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. water
1 egg white
For the Raspberry Rose Syrup:
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add raspberries and rose petals and bring to a slow boil.
- Remove from heat and allow contents to cool.
- Strain liquid and discard any remaining pieces.
For the Cocktail:
- Pour Raspberry Rose Syrup and gin into a cocktail shaker and shake.
- Add egg white to shake and shake for an additional 10-15 seconds until foamy.
- Pour into champagne glass and garnish with a rose peel or raspberry.
Share this Post