- 1 c. yellow corn grits
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 2 c. milk
- 1 lb. fresh peeled medium or large shrimp
- 1/2 c. pancetta, chopped into small cubes
- 1 tsp. each of paprika and cayenne (or substitute with Cajun seasoning)
- 1 lemon
- Sliced green onions to garnish
- 4 soft-boiled eggs
- In a large dutch oven, bring milk and heavy cream to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and stir in yellow corn grits. Constantly stir until the grits become a thick creamy consistency, about 15 minutes. Cover with lid until ready to serve.
- Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over a medium-high heat. When oil is hot, toss in pancetta and cook for about 2 minutes. Add fresh shrimp to skillet, season with paprika and cayenne, and add juice of one lemon. Stir together and cook until shrimp turns a pale pink color.
- Plate corn grits on a shallow bowl and spoon shrimp mixture over grits.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and top with a soft-boiled egg. Serve immediately.