Confession: I don’t love pie. I know I know, it’s criminal, especially this time of year, but in my hierarchy of desserts, pie doesn’t even come close to being the top of the pyramid. So around Thanksgiving, you can usually find me getting my pumpkin fill and satisfying my sweet tooth in other ways… these ridiculous pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls have been doing the trick, and this pumpkin tiramisu cake is a classic around these parts. Joining their ranks today? This heavenly pumpkin cheesecake. Raw, vegan, gluten-free and downright delicious, Julie over at Free People knew what she was doing when she whipped up this guilt-free masterpiece. We’re so glad the FP girls chose to share the recipe with us, so scroll down stat for the easy step-by-step… no oven required!
**For lots more Thanksgiving menu inspiration, check out our full Thanksgiving hub here!**
- 1.5 cups pitted fresh dates, chopped
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup raw nuts (pecans, walnuts, or almonds work best)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp each ground cloves, ground ginger, ground cinnamon
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Place all crust ingredients in the food processor and pulse until fully combined. Turn out the crust mix into the springform pan and press with hands evenly into the bottom. Wet your hands a bit to prevent the mix from sticking to them.
- Place the crust in the fridge or freezer while you make the filling.
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water overnight, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup canned plain pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or brown rice syrup
- 2 tbsp full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp each ground ginger and cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- pinch of ground cloves
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- optional topping: Gluten-free ginger snaps (check label for vegan options)
- Place all filling ingredients in the food processor and blend for a few minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula when needed. Process until smooth, about 5 minutes. Taste the mixture and make any adjustments you may want.
- Remove the crust from the fridge and, on an even surface, pour the filling over top. Use an offset spatula to smooth out the top, then place cake in the freezer until set and hardened, at least 20 minutes.
- To serve: Remove cake from freezer and release the springform pan. Transfer to a plate and sprinkle crushed gingersnaps over the top. Allow to thaw for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.