This salad, you guys. There’s a lot I could say about it, but it comes down to this: for a gorgeous, simple, couldn’t-be-more-refreshing summer dish, look no further. It’s no surprise that tomato, nectarines and basil all complement each other so well — they can all be grown in your own backyard this time of year — and when combined with creamy fresh mozzarella and crunchy pistachios, you’re left with an unrivaled feast for the senses. Enjoy this salad for an energizing mid-day lunch, or serve it as a side at your next alfresco summer dinner party.
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, cut into wedges
- 2 ripe nectarines, cut into wedges
- 1 small ball of fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- small bunch of basil, cut into ribbons
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place tomatoes, nectarines and mozzarella into your serving dish
- Sprinkle with red onion, basil and pistachios
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and sprinkle salt & pepper. Serve immediately.