Check out the full story here: Entertaining with Joy the Baker
- 3/4 cup coarse yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon molasses (optional)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons melted browned butter
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together honey, molasses, buttermilk, eggs, and browned butter.
- Add the wet ingredients all at once to the dry ingredients. Stir to thoroughly combine. Allow mixture to sit for 10 minutes while the waffle iron hearts up. The mixture will thicken as it sits.
- Dollop batter by the 1/4 cup into the hot waffle iron. Cook according to your waffle iron instructions. Remove once golden brown and place on a wire cooling rack until ready to serve.