When we asked makeup artist Laura Martinez to create something “sparkly for spring” we knew she would come up with something totally fresh. So we paired her up with actress Nathalie Holmes, and together they knocked it out of the park with this disco-inspired pastel look. Paired with a ladylike floral dress, this glittery vibe is totally fun and unexpected for spring: “The trick is to add a pop of satin to the eyes,” says Laura. “And the look works well for day or night.” Read on to discover Laura’s technique for a dreamy disco spring makeup look:
- Sienna from the Natasha Denona Green Brown Palette (or Clover from the more affordable Lorac Pro Metallic Eyes Palette)
- Mac Breezy Blush
- Mac lip pencil in Magenta
- Nars 413 BLKR Velvet Matte Lip Pencil
- MAC 217 Brush
- Clinique Foundation Brush
- Bobbi Brown Face Blender Brush
- Apply Sienna or Clover eyeshadow to lids with the MAC 217 Brush. Don’t go higher than the crease for a daytime look.
- Apply foundation of your choice with the Clinique Foundation Brush.
- Use Mac Breezy Blush starting with the apples of the cheeks and move towards hairline using the Bobbi Brown Face Blender Brush.
- Line lips with Mac lip pencil in Magenta.
- Finish the look by applying Nars 413 BLKR Velvet Matte Lip Pencil to lips.
LAURA’S PRO TIP: To keep this look feeling fresh and un-costumey, skip on the eyeliner and let the eyeshadow be the star. Light mascara is optional. For an even more metallic effect, use a damp brush when applying the eyeshadow to lids.
photographed by jessica attie