“It’s a great way to play with color without using any chemicals or committing to change,” says Lauren. “It’s also fast — you can add highlights, fun colors, and fullness to your hair in less than 30 minutes.” For those who want to experiment with extensions at home, Lauren says clip-ins make a great alternative. “Simply backcomb the hair just a bit at the root and clip in a few inches below your part for the same look. Balmain makes great ones in every color imaginable.” Read on to watch my transformation from brunette to sunkissed streaks:
- Balmian hair extensions (either tape-ended or clip-in)
- sectioning clips
- 1″ curling iron
- pin-curl pins
- finishing spray
LAUREN’S PRO STEPS:
- First I sectioned Camille’s hair using large sectioning clips. Then I decided on where the flash extensions should be placed based on her haircut and the texture of her hair.
- Next, I secured the extension in place with a pin curl clip.
- I double checked to make sure the placement was correct and that the extension seam wouldn’t show regardless of how she wears her hair.
- We decided on this placement so that the color would peek through and appear to be sunkissed hi-lights.
- Next, I placed a thin layer of her hair between the two layers of extensions and pressed them together, forming a hair “sandwich”– this completely conceals the extensions’ seams.
- I then peeled off the plastic support piece the extension is attached to. I repeated this process with extensions on both sides of her face.
- Finally, I blended her natural hair with the extension hair by using a large barrel curling iron. It’s always good to match the style of the natural hair with the extension hair — we decided on waves for this look.
- I set with hairspray and she had instant highlights and fuller hair!
Lauren’s Pro Tip for Extension Removal: For removal, rub oil (I use an Argon oil, personally) but olive or coconut will do. Apply it right on the bond and let it sit for 5 minutes. Then simply peel the two sandwiched extensions apart and wash the hair thoroughly.
EXTENSION MAINTENANCE SUPPLIES:
Share this Post