editor’s note: We’re so excited to have our friend and frequent collaborator, Ashleigh Amoroso, sharing one of her favorite holiday recipes on the blog today. Ashleigh is an editorial photographer based in Austin who shoots lots of the food you’ve seen here on the site, and whose own Instagram account we’re completely addicted to thanks to her sophisticated and moody food styling. Today she’s sharing her recipe for chai spiced poached pears with mascarpone: the perfect indulgence for cooler weather.
from ashleigh: Full disclosure; I’m a food stylist, not a chef. It’s my job to make food look beautiful but by no means would I consider myself a superstar in the kitchen. Anything that is effortless and elegant is right up my alley – and these chai spiced poached pears are just that. Most of the recipe is hands off, and it’s nearly impossible to fail and guaranteed to impress your guests. Scroll down for the recipe, and bon appetit!
- 4 ripe but firm bosc or d'anjou pears, peeled
- 1 cup of mascarpone cheese
- 4 chai tea bags
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil and add chai tea bags. Let the bags steep for 8-10 minutes. Remove the tea bags and stir in the honey.
- Add in peeled pears, cinnamon sticks, and just enough water to barely cover everything. Bring to a simmer and cook for 25-35 minutes, or until the pears are tender. Remove the pears with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Bring the liquid to a rolling boil. Let boil until syrupy, about 30 minutes.
- Place pears in a shallow dish or bowl. Pour some of the warm poaching syrup over the pears and add a spoonful of mascarpone on the side. Dust with cinnamon and serve immediately.
Pro Tip: Place the peeled pears in a bowl of cold water to prevent browning.
Share this Post
Everything with pear is just delicious x
Jessica — NinetyCo
I made poached pears over the weekend using mulled wine spices and they were so good and surprisingly versatile as left overs. I might have to try these chai ones now too
Great recipe! Will try this at my Christmas Dinner ! Got my dress https://www.cruba.de/collections/dresses/products/crystal-dress just this morning and now I am happy I have got a nice recipe !