Okay, maybe the real stars of the Thanksgiving show are the turkey, stuffing, and pies, but I think you’ve got to have one great cocktail to kick things off on a celebratory note. Mixing said cocktail up in a huge punch bowl allows me to keep my focus on the eight things happening on the stove, so this year I’ll be serving up this Apple Brandy Punch, brimming with harvest-y favors and that farm-to-table vibe I associate with the feast. Watch the video above to see how it comes together (including that gorgeous fruit and herb-filled ice ring!) then keep scrolling for the recipe. And hop over to our full video page for other fun recipes like coconut bowls, shakshuka, poké bowls, my favorite lunchtime grain bowl, and the secret to the best grilled chicken ever.
***Video by Eve Tarlo & crew, photography by Laura Dominguez
- 2 cups Calvados (or other apple brandy)
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup St-Germain
- a dash of maple syrup
- 1 bottle champagne
- apple slices, orange slices, and thyme for ice ring, plus more for garnish
- A day in advance, make the ice ring: arrange half the fruit and thyme sprigs along the bottom of a Bundt pan. Fill the pan halfway with cold water and freeze. Repeat with the remaining fruit and fill to the top with water, and freeze again.
- Make your punch by combining Calvados, orange juice, St-Germain, and maple syrup in a pitcher. Stir to combine.
- Flip the ice ring over and run warm water over the bundt pan to loosen, then remove and place (rounded side up) in the bottom of your punch bowl. Pour the punch over the ice ring.
- Top off with the bottle of champagne, then ladle into glasses and garnish with more apple slices and thyme sprigs. Drink up!
Share this Post
Woah, I’ve made a million ice rings and never frozen it twice. Brilliant!!!!
I was planning on a fall sangria for the big day…but I absolutely MUST make this instead. Thank you for the recipe and the inspiration! Wishing you a lovely Thanksgiving. XOXO
Umm… YUM! May have to try this out at my Friendsgiving next week!!
XO – Mary | easilyinspired-blog.com