Recipe from Huckle & Goose | Click here for the full story
“This probably wins as our favorite way to eat beets. Smoke is definitely a flavor element here, so if you don’t have access to an outdoor grill, take the veggies to your friend’s next grill out and whip this up there. The natural earthiness of the beets paired with the smoke imparted from the grill is divine. Don’t swap the smoked salt for regular salt—you want something that smells and tastes strongly of smoke.” – Huckle & Goose
- 3 Beets, medium-to-small, scrubbed & ends trimmed
- 2 Spring Onions, golf-ball size
- 2 c Chickpeas, homemade or canned
- 1/4 t Lemon, juiced
- 2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 t Smoked Salt
- 1 1/2 t Smoked Paprika
- Pita or Pita Chips, for serving
Prep: 10 min | Cook: 1 hour | Total time: 1 hour, 10 min.
- Scrub and roast the beets in a covered dish at 400°F for 50-60 minutes until very tender. Peel and cut off the ends when they’re cool enough to handle.
- When you’re grilling other things during the week, grill the onions until charred and soft. Put the beets on there too for several minutes so they absorb some of the smoke too. They’ll store well in the fridge for up to a week, and will be ready whenever you are.
- In a food processor, give all the ingredients a whir until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Keeps for a couple days in the fridge, but bring to room temperature before serving. Enjoy with pita or crackers!
Share this Post
such a gorgeous color!!! looks super yumy