Strawberry season has come early this year and I can’t get enough. I love them most when raw, so over greek yogurt is always a great, easy option. But for just a little more effort (and a lot more flavor), strawberries are also amazing when macerated with a savory herb, like thyme or rosemary. It makes for a special, but still super simple breakfast. A perfectly refreshing way to start the day during the summer!
- 8 oz. strawberries, diced
- 3 oz. raspberries, mashed
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 cups greek yogurt
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together berries, thyme, lemon juice & sugar. Mix well, using your hands, making sure all berries are coated evenly. Set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Once berries have marinated, divide mixture evenly among two bowls of greek yogurt (1 cup per bowl). Top with a splash of maple syrup. Serve immediately.
Share this Post
Yum! Such a refreshing breakfast for summer.
Looks delicious! Can’t wait to give this recipe a try this weekend!