I’ve often wondered why we don’t deck out our homes for Valentine’s Day the way we do for other holidays. Think about it: Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas (or in my case, Hannukah) and Easter have us running around town, googling and pinning, and crafting like crazy to create a holiday wonderland that’s just so, while Valentine’s Day decor gets the cold shoulder… well not anymore! In honor of my favorite holiday, I’m totally dedicating myself to transforming my home for February 14th, and since that means red and pinks and hearts galore, I’m pretty excited about the palette I have to work with. First up is this do-it-yourself signage that’s perfect for adding a bit of amour to the bedroom, and can be recreated time and time again with different messaging and in different colors. Keep reading for the instructions…
- Print individual letters onto card stock paper. To recreate this decal, click here for ready-to-print templates for J E T ‘ A I M. Use a craft knife to carefully cut out each letter stencil.
- Use a pencil to trace the letter onto contact paper.
- Again, use a craft knife to cut out the letter.
- For additional flourish, use a hole punch to cut out hearts or any other design.
- Peel one letter at a time.
- Adhere to wall. Since contact paper is easily removed and re-stuck, you can adjust placement and spacing as you go.
Share this Post